Friday, January 06, 2012

Dark Knight Rises

When Gotham is in Ashes....you have my permission to die!


So I'm just a little bit excited about the new Batman movie.  A teeny tiny bit.  But I realised I haven't drawn all that much batman, so thought I should rectify the situation...I also got to watch the 6 min prologue introducing Bane in the imax recently, which rocked, and got my pencils intching to draw Bats all the more...


one of the coolest moments in the teaser trailer is at the end when u see Batman backing off Bane in some kind of fisticuffs, with guys surrounding them in some industrial looking place...so I was going for that kinda thing.  
I'd like to do something else with both Bane and the Bat but we'll see.....


This was pretty much the last thing I did in 2011 ( although I do have a couple other half finished pics )  so I'm looking forwards to doing my first proper piece of finished 2012 artwork very soon.  New signatures are always exciting! 



Hope you are all suitabley stuffed after xmas...I got into the new IDW Ninja Turtles comics during my holidays, and have been doodling the heroes in a half shell a little, so maybe I'll stick a pizza flavoured pin-up on the blog soon.  Man I loved turtles back in the day.  COWABUNGA!

ps...I just updated the image with a tweaked version, couple of things weren't right.

3 comments:

Ken said...

Awesome pic man! And who didnt like turtles :D

R A B said...

OH MAN...i just checked this out on my home monitor...i need to calibrate and balance out stuff at home before i post it, i finished this at work and it looked much darker there. Update needed!

embedded design said...

wow.....ur blog is....