Thursday, April 07, 2011

Jedi Pic 2 - Rebo Band


These guys rock - literally! These guys have always been one of the coolest things about the jabba scene in Jedi, and I've based this pic on the original version, so the lyrics are what i reckon she 's singing with a little help from the internet. It's not that I don't like the special edition version, I think it's very cool, but in CG-ing Sy Snootles herself I think she lost something, ok she gained much more animation and movement, but she has a cool puppet look in the original that I referenced when sketching this up.

Plus how cool is Max Rebo! A blue elephant dude on a flashing lights organ piano bowl thing! He's the Billy Joel of Jabba's Palace! ( google it kids )

Anyway, a heck load of fun drawing these guys - now just the last of the 3 'Postcards from Jabba's Palace' to do....although I sketched up the Amanananamanaman version I am tempted to draw Hooded Luke instead, force choking a pig. hmmm....

No comments: